Last but not least, a selection of the recent creative marriage equality profile pics with a P&V addition.
Rob Portman and Will Portman: Will Portman has become a national figure in the world of LGBT rights now that his dad, Sen. Rob Portman, has revealed his son’s sexuality and completely ditched his anti-gay marriage stance in order to fully support his son.
Dick Cheney and Mary Cheney: Former U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney is not only famous for his high-ranking job, but because he is the most prominent conservative with a gay child, his daughter, Mary. Mary, who has worked as an aide to her father and is now the vice president for consumer advocacy at AOL, is married to her longtime partner, Heather Poe.
Matt J. Salmon and Matt R. Salmon: In 2010, it was revealed that former conservative Arizona state Sen. Matt J. Salmon’s son, also named Matt, is gay. The younger Matt is now a Republican, like his father, and wants to make progressive changes to his political party.
Barry Goldwater and Ty Ross Goldwater: Former Arizona Sen. Barry Goldwater, who opposed gay rights on several occasions, also had a gay grandson, Ty Ross Goldwater, who came out publicly in 1994.
Alan Keyes and Maya Jeane Marcel-Keyes: Former Republican politician Alan Keyes’ youngest daughter, Maya Jeane Marcel-Keyes, came out to her parents in high school and her sexuality became public fodder during her father’s 2004 presidential campaign. Marcel-Keyes is now a staunch liberal and LGBT advocate and has even opposed her father’s policies.
Sonny Bono and Chaz Bono: Late Republican congressman and music icon Sonny Bono was the father of Chaz Bono, the daughter of Cher, who is also famous for being a transgender icon.
This post, images and text is taken by Rollingout
A look at 11 (real!) niche dating sites from around the Internet.
This compilation is made by Allison McCann for Bloomberg Businessweek.
Cougar Life 4,000,000 users
the average age of a cougar is 39, while the average cub is 29.
Sudar Daddie 3,000,000 usera
The average Sugar Daddie relationship appears to last four months, as indicated by the gap between users logging off and signing back on.
Beautiful People 750,000 users
6.5 million peole apply for membership each year, only one in eight is accepted.
Farmers Only 250,000 users
The fastest growing number of users by crop crown: wheat. The top state by number of female members who can drive a tractor: Missouri.
Geek2Geek 200,000 users
Top male user interests include video games and computers; females prefer film and fantasy. The site’s most active from 2 a.m. to 3.a.m.
Tattoed Singles 1000,000 users
The average number of tattoos per user: 7. The oldest member is 82.
Cupidtino 30,000 users
The first dating site for Apple fans: Users can log on only via Apple products
Purrsonals 15,000 users
The average number of cats per user: two. Users are 70 percent woman and 30per cent man.
Crew Dating 5,000 users
Where pilots and flight attendants go to find love. most dates occur on land.
Waiting Till Marriage 4,000 users
Born-again virgins account for 5 percent to 10 percent of members. The other 90 percent are actually waiting till marriage.
For the December issue, BULLETT Magazine interviewed sensational Courtney Stodden and her mother. We made the artwork illustrating the article. A year ago Courtney made the headlines with marrying Doug Hutchison at the age of 17. She is quite loud about her religious beliefs, putting an emphasis on God being her only plastic surgeon. While respecting her Christian beliefs (in glitter) we played with her teenager meets woman, playboy looks meets church aesthetics, coming together with her infamous prune lips and her fashion.
This entry was written by Decadence, Ecstatic Surface Design, Gender, Ghetto gold, Glam Chaos, Graphic design, Pinar&Viola, Published, Visual ecstasy. Leave a comment or view the discussion at the permalink., posted on December 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm, filed under
Hartjesdagen is an old tradition in Amsterdam. It has existed since the Middle Ages and boasts a history as colorful as its followers. According to local folklore, it was the only day in the medieval calendar when the regular public would hunt wild deer (harts), a sport traditionally reserved for the nobility. The game was then roasted on big barbecues and eaten in the streets. Hartjesdagen developed itself into a type of cross-dressing carnival, where men dressed as women, and women dressed as men. A typical scene was captured in the oil painting entitled Hartjesdag, by the artist Johan Braakensiek in 1926. WWII later interrupted the tradition but it was finally revived in 1997 on the Zeedijk. Hartjesdagen finishes with the crowning of the Queen of Hearts (best cross-dresser).